Electric vehicles are the modern concept of cars taking over the road, though the EV cars are not new as they were with us years ago but where delayed from mass production by the big players but today they are here to stay. these EV cars are only powered by batteries.
how do electric cars work?.
Each- electric vehicles, also called battery electric vehicles( BEVs), have an electric motor rather of an internal combustion engines The vehicle uses a large traction industrial battery pack to power the electric motor and it must be plugged in to a wall outlet or charging outfit for recharging, which is called electric vehicle supply outfit( EVSE). Because it runs on electricity, the vehicle emits no carbon from its exhaust through a tailpipe and doesn’t contain the typical liquid energy factors like other cars running on PMS, there are no fuel pumps or carburetors on Electric vehicles.
Important parts that made up electric vehicles are.
- Transmission( electric) The transmission transfers mechanical power from the electric traction motor to drive the Tires.
- Thermal system( cooling) This system maintains a proper operating temperature range of the machine, electric motor, power electronics, and other factors.
- Industrial Battery. this stores currents used in driving the electric vehicle. its recharged ones the battery electricity is used up and can be fully charged in 15 minutes.
- Charge port:The charging port allows the vehicle to connect to an external power force in order to charge the traction battery pack.
- DC/ DC Converter This device converts High- voltage DC power from the traction battery pack to the lower- voltage DC power demanded to run vehicle components and recharge the supplementary battery.
- Electric traction motor Using power from the traction battery pack, this motor drives the vehicle’s bus. Some vehicles use motor creators that perform both the drive and recharge functions.
- Onboard charger Takes the incoming AC electricity supplied via the charging port and converts it to DC power for charging the industrial battery. It also communicates with the charging outfit and observers battery characteristics similar as voltage, current, temperature, and state of charge while charging the pack.
- Power electronics regulator This unit manages the inflow of electrical energy delivered by the traction battery, controlling the speed of the electric traction motor and the necklace it produces.
Now that we have known how electric cars works, lets find out some coolest electric vehicles you should own.
1. Tesla model 3 2022 electric car.
With price Starting at just over$46,000 Tesla model 3 2022, this is the most affordable car from the American automaker Tesla. Tesla introduced the model back in 2017 and we are not Looking out for significant changes for model 2022 compared to older model which is the cheapest Tesla car. That said, it’s possible the Model 3 could inherit the refreshed Model S’ servitude steering wheel and upgraded infotainment tackle.
The Tesla Model 3 competes both against other electric buses and alongside gas- powered challengers in the compact luxury member. Main challengers include the Polestar 2, Audi A4, and BMW i4, as well as further affordable electrics like the Chevrolet Bolt.
Tesla model 3 Technology.
The Model 3’s offers only useful features and the interior is dominated by the 15.0-inch touchscreen centered in the cabin. the car may need some time for you to get acquainted with it, as everything from system of climate control to trip odometer to mirror adjustments go through that system. it supports over-the-air updates, too, this means buyers can expect new features from time to time. Tesla electric cars does not support Apple Car-play or Android Auto, so owners must get used to Tesla’s interfaces for media and navigation.
2. Chevrolet Bolt EV 2023.
The bolt cars powertrain carries over unchanged A 65- kWh battery and sends 200 hp and 266 lb- ft to the front wheels of the auto. Its 0-60-mph time is a fairly quick6.4 seconds, and a button on the press activates its one- pedal driving mode for motorists who prefer a break-free experience.
Last time’s Bolt EV earned an EPA standing of 120 mpg- e, and we anticipate familiar figures from the current model. Chevy claims a range of 259 long hauls and a full charge time drive of 7 hours at a 240V charging station. Those figures compare well to a base Tesla Model 3.
Chevrolet Bolt EV 2023 electric car.
the market price of Bolt EV is $28,614. its practically the cheapest car to buy and its fun to drive.
The 2023 Bolt EV offers good interior space. Compared to its competitors lik kona electric by hyundai, the Bolt EV offers more total cargo capacity and several inches of extra legroom in both rows.
Cargo space (behind first and second rows):
- 2023 Bolt EV: 57/16.6 cubic feet
- 2022 Kona Electric: 45.8/19.2 cubic feet
Legroom (first and second rows):
- 2023 Bolt EV: 44.2/36.1 inches
- 2022 Kona Electric: 41.5/33.4 inches
2022 Toyota highlander design, reliability what we know about highlander now
3. 2022 Kia Niro EV.
It perfectly competes against other mainstream electric cars such as the Chevrolet Bolt and Nissan Leaf Plus.
offering standard features like Standard wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Standard rear-occupant alert
Remote start function will preheat or per-cool the cabin
Drive Wise suite adds leading vehicle departure alert, highway driving assist, and navigation-based adaptive cruise control.
The 2022 Kia Niro comes with an electric motor good for 201 hp and 291 lb-ft of torque. it can travel upto 239 miles on a full charge though its small compare to its competitors like tesla model 3 which can go 263 miles of full charge and but the batter life of 2022 kia Niro.
but out performs Nissan Leaf Plus which can go for only 226 miles on full charge.
Recharging this car takes about 9 hours and 35 minutes with a Level 2 charger. But with A 50 kW DC fast charger can replenish the battery to an 80 percent charge in an hour and 15 minutes, while a 100 kW unit cuts that time down to an hour.
Meet people and chat on anythingnaija
Technology in Kia Niro 2022 ev.
The Kia Niro EV comes standard with an 8.0-inch touchscreen featuring wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. A 10.3-inch touchscreen with navigation is available, but it trades wireless smartphone connectivity for a wired setup.
Price the Kia Niro electric vehicle starts from $40000 (17,740,000 naira) to $45,096 ( 20,000,076 Nigerian naira )depending on the dealership.
4. 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5.
The Hyundai Ioniq 5 came with lots of premium feelings and futuristic designs with 168 horse power, the Driving Range is upto 220 miles on full charge. The price of an Ioniq 5 is $45,913 or 20,410,165 million naira. offers 5 passenger seats with a standard cargo space. this is a beautiful car to look out for.
Technology of the Hyundai ioniq 5 features 2 12.3-inch displays that dominate the dash. The central touchscreen handles vehicle cruise and car functions, while the driver gets an expansive digital instrument cluster. Apple Car Play, Android Auto, and navigation all come standard. The SEL kit adds wireless charging, and Limited models get Bose sound and a head-up display.
For all trims, Hyundai’s Bluelink app can remotely disable the car doors and you can track the cars location or charging status in case of theft. The service is free for the first three years starting from the day you bought the car.