How to Sell Anything
How to Sell Anything, There are so many facets to sales. I talk about sales because it’s the foundation for success. To succeed, you have to know how to sell. Hands down, it’s the most important skill you can have. Everything revolves around sales. If you’re no good at sales, you’ll have a hard time succeeding in business.
Sales is about influence. There are methods of persuasion that work very well in business. But, there are also several fundamentals that need to be in place if you want to succeed. If those fundamentals aren’t in place, you can pretty much kiss your chances for success goodbye.
So let’s just call them secrets. Sure, they’re fundamental. But, they’re also categorically secret. Not in the terms of nobody knowing or understanding them. More so, people simply overlook them. And I knew, that if anyone had those proverbial secrets to success, it was Harrington.
Not convinced that sales is the basis for success? Just imagine for a moment what you’re selling at any given moment. No, I’m not talking about products or services or information. I’m talking about selling yourself. You need to sell yourself at just about any point if you want to succeed:
- You need to sell a good college on why you would be a great fit
- You need to sell your skills to a potential employer to get a good job
- You need to sell a potential spouse or date on why they should be with you
- You need to sell your parents on why they should give you an allowance
- You need to sell your bank on why they should give you a mortgage
- You need to sell a landlord on why you would be a good tenant
Selling is everything. Everything. Hands down. Now, selling without holding steadfast to a variety of so-called secrets doesn’t guarantee your long-term success. Sure, you’ll make some short-term progress. But, not strides. There won’t be exponential growth.