awareness for scams
Ensuring visitors safety we are committed to making awareness for scams. We have not verified all the ads on this website and we cannot Assure they are legitimate.
This tips will help you Watch for Frauds especially when purchasing items, renting apartments, and applying for jobs abroad.
Do not share your email address and password with any one else to avoid breach in privacy.
To avoid scams, please follow these rules :
- ONLY DO BUSINESS WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE IN YOUR LOCAL REGION OR COUNTRY.
- NEVER TRANSFER OR WIRE FUNDS THROUGH WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM TO SELLERS UNLESS TO BUSINESS YOU ARE DOING DIRECTLY WITH ZUWANU.
- NEVER WIRE FUNDS TO A FOREIGN BANK. Your Local authorities at your home or receiving ends may not be able to help you.
- FAKE CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON-BANKS WILL HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE when the fake is discovered later.
- ZUWANU.COM IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION EXCEPT FOR SHOPPING MADE DIRECTLY ON OUR SHOPPING STORE AND CUSTOMER PAYMENTS LIKE MEMBERSHIPS AND ADS PROMOTIONS .
- NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION (example: Atm pin, bank account number etc).
- DO NOT RENT HOUSING OR PURCHASE GOODS WHICH YOU HAVE NOT SEEN.
- NEVER PAY ANY KIND OF FEE WHEN APPLYING FOR A JOB.
- MEET ONE ON ONE AND DO ANY TRANSACTION WHICH YOU SEE HERE.
WARNING: Never Transfer money by WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM or other wire service to someone you do not know personally while transacting on zuwanu!
This includes sending money for:
- Rental deposits
- Loan fees
- Job application or visa fees (No legitimate employer requires payment of any kind from a prospective employee)
- Making a purchase
How to recognize a scams
- Be wary of deals that are “too good to be true”.
- All offers to ship vehicles are scams.
- Beware of anyone claiming to offer payment or escrow services from expatriates.com. Expatriates.com does not offer escrow services and is never involved in any payment transaction.
- Watch for landlords/owners who are out of the country, travelling or cannot meet you personally.
Please become familiar with the scams described on this page. If you have any questions or would like to report suspicious activity please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you see a suspicious ad, please click on the “Report ad” link at the bottom of the ad. the ad will be reviewed the ad will be removed automatically.
If you believe you have been victim of fraud…
If you are a victim of a scam, please do the following:
– For Western Union scams, contact Western Union immediately and ask them to stop payment. Send a complaint email@example.com